It is always exciting to start designing for your child which is about to fill your lives with full of happiness. Things can become even more special when you are expecting twins. Making nursery could be easy, but creating a room for two kids and that too who are twins could be tricky. Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind when you are planning a nursery for the twins.
1. Begin early – If you are expecting twins, be prepared a little early, as the twins could arrive a little early when compared to a single child. There are chances that you might not even be prepared for the newborn children. So it is best to begin as early as possible.
2. Don’t have to double up everything – One thing that you need to keep in mind is that you have only two hands. You need not buy double of all the items in the nursery. For Instance, you do not need to have two diaper changing stations since you can change only one baby at a time. You can use a single wardrobe as well and don’t need two of them and save space.
3. Select the best crib – While twins can share a crib, it is better to buy two as once they begin to jump and move around it would be a challenge for the other baby who is still asleep. Select a crib that is simple as well as low and provide more space for the babies.
4. Place the cribs mindfully – never place the cribs near or directly in front of the window as the sun in the afternoon time could cause a problem.
5. Childproof – Safety has to be prominent and exceptional. You need to keep the room kid safe and make sure that there are no sharp edges. Make sure there are no objects that could harm the child. Take time to observe little things that could be risky for the babies.
Photo Credits: Pixabay