When you have kids at home, you need to keep in mind a few important things. With children around, you cannot just place anything anywhere. A number of things need to be made kid friendly. It is a place where they need to be safe and feel happy. To turn your house kid-friendly here are a few tips that you can follow.
1. Say no to furniture with sharp edges –You can opt for furniture that have rounded edges or just a small round table. Opt for a sofa that does not have a sharp corner and just cushions. If you have already made your furniture then make sure that you cover the edges with the corner protectors.
2. Use anti-skid tiles – Kids are curious when they have just begun to walk. Make sure that you have anti-skid tiles at home so they won’t slip every time they get up and try to take a step.
3. Place rugs – There might be a number of corners at home where you can place some rugs. They also work in between the room and help to create a comfortable and a cozy environment for the children.
4. Surveillance cameras – When you have kids around, you have to have surveillance cameras to have a watch on them. A toddler is never going to stay at one place and it could be impossible to have a check n them 24X7. So when you are working in the kitchen a surveillance camera can help you to keep an eye on your brat.
5. Cabinet locks – Children are always curious and cabinets are their favourite places to explore. You can keep your cabinets locked or get external locks that prevents the children from opening them. The cabinets in the kitchen and the bathroom need to be kept locked as these have items that could be toxic for the children.
Photo Credits: Pixabay